Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Killing time (or not)

A few days ago I tweeted, "When you have a million important things to do, how do you decide where to start?" I confess I actually considered putting off the finish list and writing this blog instead. Then I realized I'd be digging myself in deeper, so I closed out of Firefox and tried to get some real work done.

But it's a legitimate problem--sometimes there is so much to do, it's really difficult to come up with a game plan. And if you're not paying attention, you can waste lots of time on the decision of where to start, when you don't really have a minute to spare. So what do you do in that instance? Don't wait, don't waver, don't think. Just pick something on your list that's important, and do it. Get it over with, and the next thing will be that much easier.

How do stop killing time, when time seems to be against you?

No comments:

Post a Comment