Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Conspiring Universe

Do you also have days where the universe and everything conspires against you? After the past several difficult days, today around noon I found myself sitting down to the computer, ready and chomping at the bit to get to work. I wanted to work, I had plenty to do, and I was already getting started. What happened? Moments after I had all the relevant software set up, documents opened, and good music playing on Pandora, Kit asked for my computer to view some family videos with her aunt, who was visiting and only had another hour or so before her train. I didn't begrudge her the laptop (the only way to play those particular videos), but I wished for better timing.

And then after I got the computer back, there was an errand that needed to be run today, immediately, which took another half hour. So here I am, finally back at the computer, but with most of my momentum gone and almost three hours of much-need work time lost.

Most days fall into one of two categories: either I have a really difficult time making myself work, or I'm ready to work but the universe conspires against me and prevents me from getting anything done. How do you cope? Do you have any strategies for dealing with either problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment