Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Today is Monday, the first "real" day of the new year. (Yesterday didn't count, because we were still eating junk food and sleeping most of the day.) It will take a day or two to fall back into a normal sleeping pattern, and this week will be hard because Kit hates dieting and is doing it anyway. She has even sworn off Coke and all soda until she loses the 60 pounds she has pledged to lose.


And how am I feeling? I haven't made any goals for this year that involve sitting down and doing something right now. Yes, I want to lose a few pounds myself and get in better shape; yes, I want the business to turn around; yes, I want to pay off all our debts--but I have not, nor will I, set any concrete goals to achieve those ends. I just want to concentrate on doing the right thing each day, and on confronting the things I have been avoiding. Traditional goal setting has not been productive for me in the past, and I want to concentrate on changing my perspective in a way that makes the other things follow naturally.

However, there are a few tasks on the docket for today: read the scriptures for a half hour or so, clean all the junk food out of the kitchen and restock it with "allowed" foods (I am doing the 4-Hour Body diet with Kit), a few minor tasks for the business, and blogging.

I would like to share the Bible verse I've chosen to represent my quest to "finish business" this year, from 1 Thessalonians 4:11-2:

Study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands... that ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment