Friday, January 6, 2012

FINISH list update

So I've renamed my to-do list "finish list", as you might have seen on Twitter. (By the way, my twitter handle is @finishbusiness; see my new feed on the right.)

So on my list of 11 items, I got halfway down, then got stuck on #6, because of the workout break, the dinner break, the potty break, etc, etc. You know how it goes. Then when I finally knuckled down to go through my inbox and deal with loose ends, I ended up spending two hours on it before I realized how late it was. Then I decided just to get those phone calls (#8-11) over with before Kit got home and nagged me about it again. I reached three of the people on the list, the three most important ones, in fact. The one I didn't get a hold of wasn't urgent, but I left him a message that we need to connect in the next week or so. None of the phone calls had negative outcomes, which is part of what I was panicked about. It's such a relief to have those calls over and done with.

So at the end of the day, the only thing left undone is #8, which was really just a filler task anyway. Boy, it feels good to have those phone calls behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment